Thursday, July 30, 2009

6-Pack Abs with Ryan

Everyone had a chance to take a look at my Pilates experience, which targets among other things, your core. Immediately following that class, Ryan (a trainer you may remember from such webisodes as "The Weigh In, Part 1") invited me to his 6-Pack Abs class. Back-to-back core work - what could be better.

Now, these blogs on drop-in classes and programing often cut out a lot of the information: demo's, safety points, etc. But it also cuts out many of the movement options that the fitness leaders provide: from beginner and intermediate, to advanced. I have learned that I repeatedly choose the hardest movements and put my body through as much physical stress as possible. This class was no different. At the start of the class I felt great, then came the planks... and it all quickly deteriorated.

Aside from choosing to push myself to the limit (notice the plank tremble), Ryan was great and so was this class. 6-Pack Abs is a class (approx. 30-40mins) that runs on the lunch hour. So members get the opportunity to blast their core, and get back to their desk on time. So convenient. I highly recommend this class it was "muy beuno", and I will be back!






3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great workout. Will try to go to a class next month. I like the music and the great energy that the instructor shares in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I had never been to a class with better music - the energy was through the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was laugh out loud funny. Looks like a great class, one that people would have lots of room for improvment. Great syncronized arm and leg movements intern;)

    ReplyDelete